Commonwealth-funded residential aged care providers significantly and directly impacted by COVID-19 in the following circumstances:
- a significant proportion of their workforce (e.g. 50%) are infected or isolated due to COVID-19
- a significant number of residents are infected by COVID-19 or the spread of infection cannot be contained
- senior management (e.g. CEO, Director of Nursing and/or other senior managers) are infected or isolated due to COVID-19 and are unable to continue to operate or provide quality care to residents.
The following Commonwealth-funded aged care providers directly impacted by COVID-19 and located in remote areas (MMM 6 or 7) are eligible to receive support:
- Residential Aged Care Facilities (RACFs)
- National Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Flexible Aged Care Program (NATSIFACP)
- Home Care Package providers.