Aged Care Facility Managers
We are seeking Aged Care Facility Managers to lead and manage a Residential Aged Care Facility (RACF), ensuring it continues to provide appropriate care to residents during the absence of their usual Facility Manager.
Your primary duties and resposibilities will include:
- providing calm, rational and effective interim leadership to the RACF during the disruption caused by COVID-19 and ensuring day-to-day RACF operations adheres to the new aged care standards
- leading the multi-disciplinary team to ensure residents are receiving an exceptional standard of clinical care
- managing and maintaining relationships with stakeholders and the local community
- diligently applying stipulated infection control measures and strategies
- maintaining and enhancing the dignity, integrity, rights and confidentiality of residents and their families
- adhering to RACF guidelines, principles, policies and procedures, OH&S and work practices
- complying with all privacy legislation requirements and relevant confidentiality policies when communicating information pertaining to residents, team members and the operations of the RACF
- addressing any incidents, hazards and near misses in a timely and professional manner and in accordance with OH&S reporting procedures of Aspen Aged Healthcare and the RACF
- taking care of your own health and safety and others in the workplace.
Experience and Qualifications Required
- eligible to work in Australia
- experience as a Facility Manager within a RACF in Australia
- at least 2 years of Aged Care Management experience
- current police and Working with Vulnerable People checks or preparedness to apply prior to deployment
- completion of the Australian Government’s online Infection Control Training COVID-19 module and other modules as required by Aspen Aged Healthcare
- compassion and commitment to providing continuity of care to elderly residents impacted by the COVID19 outbreak
- proven operational leadership skills and experience
- strong communication and relationship-building skills
- understanding of continuous improvement strategies
- flexibility and preparedness to learn on the job and work in a fast-evolving environment
- commitment to personal safety and the safety of residents and all other stakeholders
- ability to maintain a high level of confidentiality and discretion.
- knowledge of the new aged care standards, ACFI, Quality and accreditation
- Registered Nurse – AHPRA registration is desired but not essential
- valid driver’s licence.
To register your interest please email [email protected] or complete the application form below.