We are seeking Cleaners to provide high standards of hygiene and cleanliness that are critical to infection control and the health and safety of residents, team members and visitors at Residential Aged Care Facilities (RACFs).
Your primary duties and responsibilities will include:
- diligently applying stipulated infection control measures and strategies
- maintaining the highest standards of hygiene and cleanliness
- safe management and use of equipment
- assisting with preventative maintenance and ensuring unsafe equipment is not in use
- understanding and adhering to RACF guidelines, principles, policies and procedures, OH&S and work practices
- accurately reporting any incidents, hazards and near misses in a timely and professional manner
- enhancing the dignity, integrity, rights and confidentiality of residents and their families
- interacting in a warm, friendly and respectful manner to help residents feel safe, confident and comfortable
- seek assistance when a task falls outside the scope or area of responsibility and/or when issues are unclear or beyond your experience and qualifications.
Experience and Qualifications Required
- eligible to work in Australia
- previous experience working with and using cleaning equipment
- solid knowledge of cleaning products and safe handling, storage and disposal of chemicals
- previous cleaning experience in a commercial, healthcare or Aged Care environment
- current police and Working with Vulnerable People checks or preparedness to apply prior to deployment
- completion of the Australian Government’s online Infection Control Training COVID-19 module and other modules as required by Aspen Medical
- compassion and commitment to providing continuity of care to elderly residents impacted by the COVID-19 outbreak
- diligence and attention to detail – willingness to diligently follow instructions and apply guidelines and procedures, particularly around infection control
- clear verbal and written communication skills
- reliable and punctual
- commitment to personal safety and the safety of residents and other stakeholders
- ability to use judgement, initiative and common sense when performing duties
- excellent time management skills and ability to prioritise competing demands in a flexible and adaptable way.
- Certificate 2 Cleaning Operations
- current or recent Aged Care knowledge and/or work experience
- current Australian driver’s licence, registered vehicle and minimum third-party car insurance
- demonstrated initiative and ability to work independently within specific guidelines.
To register your interest please email [email protected] or complete the application form below.