We are seeking Cooks to provide high-quality, well-presented, appetising and nutritious food at Residential Aged Care Facilities (RACFs) in various locations around Australia. Your role will contribute to enhancing the dining experience and social connections of elderly residents.
Your primary duties and responsibilities will include:
- diligently applying stipulated infection control measures and strategies
- preparation and cooking of meals for residents as per menu and special dietary requirements/requests
- high-level cleanliness, hygiene and adherance to relevant kitchen operation Food Safety Standards
- all team members handling food in accordance with safe food practices
- ensuring all food is served to residents in a presentable manner
- maintaining and enhancing the dignity, integrity, rights and confidentiality of residents and their families
- adhering to RACF guidelines, principles, policies and procedures, OH&S and work practices
- accurately reporting any incidents, hazards and near misses in a timely and professional manner and in accordance with OH&S reporting procedures of Aspen Aged Healthcare and the RACF
- safe management and use of equipment
- assisting with preventative maintenance and ensuring unsafe equipment is not in use
- seeking assistance when a task falls outside the scope or area of responsibility and/or when issues are unclear or beyond your experience and qualifications
- complying with all privacy legislation requirements and relevant confidentiality policies when communicating information pertaining to residents, team members and the operations of the RACF
- taking care of your own health and safety and others in the workplace.
Experience and Qualifications Required
- eligible to work in Australia
- appropriate Chef Qualifications or Trade Cook Certificate (or equivalent)
- current Food Handling/Food Safety Certificate
- current police and Working with Vulnerable People checks or preparedness to apply prior to deployment
- completion of the Australian Government’s online Infection Control Training COVID-19 module and other modules as required by Aspen Aged Healthcare
- demonstrated knowledge and understanding of Food Safety regulations, guidelines, standards and relevant legislation
- compassion and commitment to providing continuity of care to elderly residents impacted by the COVID19 outbreak
- diligence and attention to detail – willingness to diligently follow instructions and apply guidelines and procedures, particularly around infection control
- flexibility and preparedness to learn on the job and work in a fast-evolving environment
- commitment to personal safety and the safety of residents and all other stakeholders
- ability to use judgement, initiative and common sense when performing duties
- excellent time management skills and ability to prioritise in a flexible and adaptable way
- demonstrated initiative and ability to work independently within specific guidelines
- commitment to the provision of high quality, nutritious and appetizing food and beverages, demonstrating a strong sense of pride and accomplishment in service delivery
- excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- current or recent Aged Care knowledge and/or experience working in Aged Care, nursing homes, hospitals, industrial kitchens, functions and events or a la carte restaurants
- current Australian driver’s licence, registered vehicle and minimum third-party car insurance.