We are seeking Dieticians to provide personal care for elderly residents in accordance with a plan developed in collaboration with the resident, their medical officer and other members of the healthcare team at the Residential Aged Care Facility (RACF).
Your primary duties and responsibilities will include:
- providing counselling and education to residents on dietary issues relating to weight management, cholesterol and health promotion
- liaising with allied health professionals, medical practitioners, case managers and food preparation teams
- maintaining patient clinical records for continuity of care and team-based care purposes
- diligently applying stipulated infection control measures and strategies
- understanding and adhering to RACF guidelines, principles, policies and procedures, OH&S and work practices
- managing residents in accordance with approved protocols
- enhancing the dignity, integrity, rights and confidentiality of residents and their families
- maintaining and complying with all privacy legislation requirements and relevant confidentiality policies when communicating information pertaining to residents, team members and RACF operations
- complying with RACF standards regarding client and resident documentation
- participating in quality and governance improvement
- accurately reporting any incidents, hazards and near misses in a timely and professional manner in accordance with OH&S reporting procedures of Aspen Aged Healthcare and the RACF
- taking care of your own health and safety and others in the workplace.
Experience and Qualifications Required
- eligible to work in Australia
- Degree or Graduate Diploma in Nutrition and Dietetics from a Dietician’s Association of Australia accredited institution
- Accreditation as a practicing Dietician
- current police and Working with Vulnerable People checks or preparedness to apply prior to deployment
- completion of the Australian Government’s online Infection Control Training COVID-19 module and other modules as required by Aspen Aged Healthcare
- compassion and commitment to providing continuity of care to elderly residents impacted by the COVID19 outbreak
- flexibility and preparedness to learn on the job and work in a fast-evolving environment
- commitment to personal safety and the safety of residents and all other stakeholders
- ability to maintain a high level of confidentiality and discretion.
- member of the Dieticians Association of Australia
- demonstrated participation in Continuing Professional Development relevant to your area of practice.