We are seeking Enrolled Nurses to deliver clinical care to residents under the direction and supervision of a Registered Nurse and in accordance with professional standards, legislation and Aged Care Service (ACS) policies and procedures.
Your primary duties and responsibilities will include:
- administering medications by approved routes in accordance with legislative requirements and under the direct and indirect supervision of a Registered Nurse
- monitoring and communicating the resident’s condition, assisting with personal hygiene, providing meals and other health and wellness-related activities
- compiling appropriate nursing care notes in accordance with ACS policy and procedures
- checking to ensure all medical equipment is serviceable prior to use
- diligently applying stipulated infection control measures and strategies
- maintaining and enhancing the dignity, integrity, rights and confidentiality of residents and their families
- adhering to ACS guidelines, principles, policies and procedures, OH&S and work practices
- managing patients in accordance with approved policies and procedures
- complying with ACS standards regarding client and resident documentation
- complying with all privacy legislation requirements and relevant confidentiality policies when communicating information pertaining to residents, team members and the operations of the ACS
- accurately reporting any incidents, hazards and near misses in a timely and professional manner and in accordance with OH&S reporting procedures of Aspen Aged Healthcare and the ACS
- taking care of your own health and safety and others in the workplace.
Experience and Qualifications Required
- eligible to work in Australia
- Enrolled Nurse Certificate or Certificate IV in Health (Enrolled Nursing) and current unconditional registration with AHPRA
- must have a Board approved qualification in administration medication course if registered prior to 2008. This is incorporated into Health Training Package for post-2008 AHPRA registrations. Medication administration does not extend to intravenous, intrathecal or epidural routes
- current Basic Life Support (BLS) qualification
- current police and Working with Vulnerable People checks or preparedness to apply prior to deployment
- completion of the Australian Government’s online Infection Control Training COVID-19 module and other modules as required by Aspen Aged Healthcare
- compassion and commitment to providing continuity of care to elderly residents impacted by the COVID19 outbreak
- flexibility and preparedness to learn on the job and work in a fast-evolving environment
- commitment to personal safety and the safety of residents and all other stakeholders
- ability to maintain a high level of confidentiality and discretion
- minimum 2 years post registration acute nursing experience with demonstrated recency of practice in one or more of the following clinical specialities: medical, surgical, accident & emergency or high dependency
- experience working in the Aged Care Industry would be an advantage.
To apply complete the form below and email the following additional infromation to [email protected] at your earliest convenience:
- evidence of current flu vaccination
- the result of a national Criminal Record Check that is less than 12 months old
- evidence of completing the Infection Control Training COVID-19
- a current Working with Vulnerable People clearance or registration if you are in a jurisdiction where this is required.
For a confidential discussion about this role, please contact TeRina Bycroft on 0409 574 846 or Jason Pugh on 0409 163 830.
We value diversity and inclusion and actively encourage applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and those from a diverse cultural background.