Personal Care Workers
We are seeking Personal Care Workers to support older Australians in accordance with a plan developed in collaboration with the residents, their medical officer and other members of the healthcare team.
Your primary duties and responsibilities will include:
- providing individualised and personalised care according to the individual care plan
- general housekeeping, cooking and serving meals, washing and ironing clothes, assisting with self-medication such as taking tablets or applying creams, providing emotional support and companionship, assisting with personal hygiene tasks, respite and transport services to appointments and activities
- encouraging the resident to be involved with their care
- diligently applying infection control measures and strategies in accordance with industry standard guidelines and practices
- monitoring and reporting on the resident’s conditions as required
- providing information and feedback to the Aspen Aged Healthcare team and other health professionals as required
- establishing and maintaining a current and accurate confidential consumer reporting system
- liaising with the host Aged Care Service (ACS) for additional support and resources as required
- maintaining and enhancing the dignity, integrity, rights and confidentiality of residents and their families
- adhering to ACS guidelines, principles, policies and procedures, OH&S and work practices
- accurately reporting any incidents, hazards and near misses in a timely and professional manner and in accordance with OH&S reporting procedures of Aspen Aged Healthcare and the ACS
- complying with all privacy legislation requirements and relevant confidentiality policies when communicating information pertaining to residents, team members and the operations of the ACS.
Experience and Qualifications Required
- eligible to work in Australia
- current police and Working with Vulnerable People checks or preparedness to apply prior to deployment
- completion of the Australian Government’s online Infection Control Training COVID-19 module and other modules as required by Aspen Aged Healthcare
- compassion and commitment to providing continuity of care to elderly residents impacted by the COVID19 outbreak
- diligence and attention to detail – willingness to diligently follow instructions and apply guidelines and procedures, particularly around infection control
- flexibility and preparedness to learn on the job and work in a fast-evolving environment
- commitment to personal safety and the safety of residents and all other stakeholders
- good written and verbal communication skills
- ability to maintain a high level of confidentiality and discretion
- ability to use judgement, initiative and common sense when performing duties
- ability to be adaptable to various competing demands
- willingness to participate in training and education to upskill for effective care delivery
- excellent time management skills and ability to prioritise in a flexible and adaptable way.
- Certificate III (or higher) in any one of Aged Care, Home and Community Care and Disability
- Current Level II First Aid certificate
- Current Australian driver’s licence, registered vehicle and minimum third-party car insurance
- experience and/or training in working with people with dementia or high needs
- experience and/or training operating hoists
- qualified Personal Care Worker
- current or recent aged care knowledge and/or work experience
- previous employment experience as a Personal Care Worker.
To register your interest please email [email protected] or complete the application form below.