We are seeking Physiotherapists to provide evidence-based practice physiotherapy assessments, treatments and rehabilitation to Aged Care Services (ACS) in accordance with the care plan developed in collaboration with the elderly resident, their medical officer and other members of the healthcare team.
Your primary duties and responsibilities will include:
- evidence-based physiotherapy assessments, treatments and rehabilitation
- directing and/or conducting exercise and rehabilitation programs, hydrotherapy and other interventions to enhance the mobility and quality of life of residents
- splinting, plastering and fitting orthoses or other physiotherapy prescribed devices
- providing instruction, advice and recommendations to residents, their families other healthcare professionals
- liaising with other multidisciplinary healthcare teams regarding resident management
- using electrotherapy modalities correctly and safely in accordance with APA guidelines
- patient anagement in accordance with approved policies and protocols
- understanding and adhering to ACS guidelines, principles, policies and procedures, OH&S and work practices
- complying with the ACS documentation standards
- diligently applying stipulated infection control measures and strategies
- enhancing the dignity, integrity, rights and confidentiality of residents and their families
- accurately reporting any incidents, hazards and near misses in a timely and professional manner and in accordance with OH&S reporting procedures of Aspen Aged Healthcare and the ACS
- complying with all privacy legislation requirements and relevant confidentiality policies when communicating information pertaining to residents, team members and the operations of the ACS
- taking care of your own health and safety and others in the workplace.
Experience and Qualifications Required
- eligible to work in Australia
- current police and Working with Vulnerable People checks or preparedness to apply prior to deployment
- completion of the Australian Government’s online Infection Control Training COVID-19 module and other modules as required by Aspen Aged Healthcare
- recognised tertiary degree in Physiotherapy
- current unrestricted registration as a Physiotherapist with the Australian Health Practitioner Regulating Agency (AHPRA)
- minimum of 2 years postgraduate musculoskeletal experience within the previous 5 years in an accredited physiotherapy environment
- compassion and commitment to providing continuity of care to elderly residents impacted by the COVID19 outbreak
- flexibility and preparedness to learn on the job and work in a fast-evolving environment
- commitment to personal safety and the safety of residents and all other stakeholders
- ability to maintain a high level of confidentiality and discretion.
- Australian Physiotherapy Association (APA) membership
- current Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR) certificate from an approved organisation
- ability to work independently within a multidisciplinary healthcare team.
To apply complete the form below and email the following additional infromation to [email protected] at your earliest convenience:
- evidence of current flu vaccination
- the result of a national Criminal Record Check that is less than 12 months old
- evidence of completing the Infection Control Training COVID-19
- a current Working with Vulnerable People clearance or registration if you are in a jurisdiction where this is required.
For a confidential discussion about this role, please contact TeRina Bycroft on 0409 574 846 or Jason Pugh on 0409 163 830.
We value diversity and inclusion and actively encourage applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and those from a diverse cultural background.