Registered Nurse Immunisers (COVID-19)
Aspen Medical is seeking Registered Nurse Immunisers to assist in the delivery of COVID-19 Vaccines as part of the Government’s COVID-19 Vaccine and Treatment Strategy.
The responsibilities of this role include:
- working closely with the Project Management Team in ensuring:
- the safe administration of vaccinations
- a high-level of confidentiality
- the maintenance of data entries through the Australian Immunisation Register (AIR) and other record-keeping platforms
- working within the clinical standards and immunisation policies to deliver the safest and most effective administration of vaccinations
- communicating with patients and providing them with the necessary information, support and reassurance they require
- practising health and safety procedures including maintaining the cleanliness of clinical areas and disposal of clinical waste
- ensuring effective logistic and stock management of vaccines
- participating as required, in internal meetings and activities on clinical matters.
Experience and Qualifications Required
- current qualifications as a Registered Nurse Immuniser within Australia
- current Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR) and Anaphylaxis Certificate
- in-depth understanding of immunisation clinical guidelines
- valid National Police Check and Working with Children Check
- ability to work within a team environment and autonomously
- effective written and verbal communication skills
- relevant basic qualifications according to the Minimum Credentialling Criteria (MCC)
- meets Aspen Medical’s MCC for Registered Nurses.
Minimum Credentialing Criteria:
- Bachelor of Nursing or equivalent
- current unrestricted registration with the Australian Health Practitioner Regulation Agency (AHPRA)
- evidence of the completion of 20 hours of Continuous Professional Development within the past 12 months in compliance with the requirements of AHPRA
- current CV
- two clinical references from current and/or recent referees who can attest to the applicant’s recent experience and ability. At least one of these refences must be from a direct supervisor or Nurse Unit Manager (NUM).
For a confidential discussion about this role please contact TeRina Bycroft on +61 2 6203 9500.
We value diversity and inclusion and actively encourage applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and those from diverse cultural backgrounds. We are a veteran-owned business and we encourage ADF veterans with appropriate skills and experience to apply.